Security Division is under the office of the Vice-Chancellor. Its operations and management have been discharged and coordinated by the Chief Security Coordinator, the Deputy Chief Security Coordinator and One Hundred and Fourteen (114) out sourced security guards and supervisors of the Crown Continental Limited, a Private Security Company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF SECURITY DIVISION
These include the provision and insurance of general security of the University Community; with the following specific functions:
- Assigning of security guards to all designated posts on campus, residences of the Principal Officers and other assets of the University in Sokoto metropolis;
- Regulating of entry control and exit into the University premises;
- Gathering of Intelligence and dissemination to the Vice-Chancellor for directives and further necessary action(s);
- Monitoring of movements of suspected elements and activities within and around the University and all duty posts;
- Liaising with and joining actions with relevant Department and Units, such as Student Affairs Division, Department of Physical Planning and Maintenance (DPP&M) and Medical Services Department, on matters that concern security of persons and University assets.
- Issuance and control of the University staff and students Identification Cards;
- Conduct of security operations during special events and ceremonies, such as Matriculation ceremonies, Students Union (SU) elections, study tour and some extracurricular activities, major seminars and lectures that attract personalities from outside the University;
- Participation in supervision of conduct of semester and other examinations in the University;
- Investigation of security breaches in the University and onward referral , when necessary to the relevant government security agencies in the state;
- Liaising with government security agencies in the state on matters related to the security of the University;
- Participation and taking part in various Committees of the University as assigned by the chief executive;
- Liaising with the contracted security service provider of the University;
- Any other duties/responsibilities assigned by the Vice-Chancellor.
CURRENT SECURITY SITUATION
The prevailing security situation of the University is peaceful. The University enjoys serene and peaceful atmosphere, as there has never been any significant security breach, such as alarming security challenges like cultism, rape, drug addiction, students or staff protest/demonstrations and other security treats in the University.
Members of the University Community are please, enjoyed to partner with Security Division and report any suspicious movement or any information of security interest for necessary action. Remember information is power and we drive intelligence from information negative or positive.